09 October 2008

Shhh! The Pines whisper.

Big Wheel and me

Vacation, it's pretty awesome. This is a Big Wheel (from the Lumberjack, meaning "large rolling thing"), used with a team of horses to convey logs during the non-snowy season, a.k.a. July. Now they live at Hartwick Pines State Park near Grayling. I probably saw them half a dozen times on school field trips as a kid, but it was good to visit them again.

Sundays in Camp

Bi-weekly laundry -- it's the key to a louse-free life. And if that don't kill 'em, throw them fellahs in the fire.

Hartwick Pines

The sign reads "Portions of this trail open to hunting during established seasons". Since it's bow-hunting season and I didn't want to be mistaken for a deer and end up with more holes in my body than when I went in, I didn't follow that enticing golden autumnal path.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoo-rah for the Pines! I stopped by Labor Day weekend and it was like visiting old friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...