09 August 2009

Looking back on the Michigan trip

A few more pictures from my trip back to Michigan last week, starting with the reason for the trip: the wedding of my friends, Kris and Kevin.

Ceremony

A panorama of the Straits of Mackinac...

Straits Panorama

... and a few random shots that I like. From left to right and top to bottom:
1, 1: My mom and I went to the farmer's market in Gaylord on Saturday morning, and came back to the car to find an almost identical one parked behind us. In a town of 3,600 people, we were pretty surprised.

1, 2: This was on the van of someone attending the wedding. I've seen this sticker a few times and it always makes me laugh despite not being a big meat-eater.

2, 1: Pat & Bud's grocery store in Elmira was a way-point on my commute to Petoskey that told me I either was almost home or still had a long way to go.

2, 2: This sign was in the Mackinac Bridge History Museum in Mackinac City. You might have to click and see a larger version to get the message of the sign. I'm not sure if it was a joke or not -- I don't know if they had porta-johns when the bridge was being built.

3, 1: This is the site of the house that my family lived in until I was about 12. It burned down a couple of years ago and now the lot looks much, much smaller than I remember. We have a lot of old pictures taken in front of that birch tree.

3, 3: This is the pond at Michaywe' where Kris and Kevin got married.

Seeing Double:  My mom and I couldn't believe that there was another yellow Corvette around.  The one in front is my mom's. Despite being both meat- and god-avoidant, this sentiment cracks me up.
Pat and Bud's Excellent Grocery Store No P in the Straits
Old House site Pond at Michaywe'

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

How nice! An outdoor wedding on the water! Congratulations to Kris and Kevin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...