18 January 2011

Weaving 101

A couple of weeks ago I got the idea in my head that I wanted to learn how to weave. Good thing one of my co-workers at Audi knows how to weave! She invited my over to her house so she could show me how to get started. I'm working on -- what else -- a starter scarf. I used some of Deb's tencel yarn for the warp and some of my stash for the weft.

She told me she had a small loom that I could borrow which was pretty generous of her. I was picturing a table-top loom but she was kind enough to let me borrow a 4-shaft floor loom! We had to use the top-down-top-up procedure to get it into the back seat of Das Beetle, and even then I had to drive home with the passenger seat folded forward. Yay for convertibles!

Anyhoo, here it is all set up in our living room. It's a good thing that we had a big empty spot where that solstice tree was. The kitties have been little angels about it, although at first they thought I brought them the best cat toy ever. I keep it covered with a sheet when I'm not using it just to deter the right combination of curiosity and a skillfully-wielded paw.

I weave. I have woven. Weaving has been done.

The Loom!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...